- When? Every first Tuesday of the month, 7pm doors; 7:30 show
- Where? First Unitarian Universalist Church on Grover Street
- How Much? $7-15 donation, goes to featured organization, no one turned away
Each month, Austin Playback Theatre will feature a local nonprofit organization & donate all proceeds to that organization. We are working in collaboration with the First Unitarian Universalist Church on Grover Street, who is providing the performance space at no charge so that 100% of donations at the door go to the featured organization.
Our goal is to help nonprofits in Austin build community and awareness while raising money as well as to build ties among those Austinites who enjoy helping others & creating strong community connections! Come share your stories!
We’ll be performing on the first Tuesday of each month February-June (recess July, August) and September-December —and continuing the tradition into the future. We are beginning to look for nonprofits to feature in 2018!
2017 Featured Organizations
- February 7: American Gateways – Standing on the Side of Love
- March 7: YWCA Austin – Stories of Identity
- April 4: NAMI Austin – Ending the Silence and Finding our Voice
- May 2: SafeAustin (SafePlace) – Building Resilience: Stories of Strength and Hope
- June 6: VSA Texas – Creativity and Connection
- September 5: People’s Community Clinic – Stories of Healing
- October 3: Central Texas Food Bank – Memorable Meals
- November 7: Sustainable Food Center – The Flavor of Memory
- December 5: Austin State Hospital Volunteer Services Council – Stories of Reaching Out
We are beginning to fill out our 2018 calendar. If you are part of an organization who would like to be spotlighted one month, please contact us here!
2018 List of Organizations
- April 3: The Arc of the Capitol Area
- May 1: NAMI Austin